Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Bible Stories, 2011

(Continued from 2010)

Another new era begins with the February 2011 episode, as Yugoslavian artist *** ********* takes over BIBLE STORIES.  One might almost be tempted to call this a "retro" move, as not only do we once again have an artist working in "traditional" 2D line-art, but the coloring is also more "traditional" than anything seen on the series since Frank Bolle's last year in 1999.  Even further, while I'm sure the lettering is a computer font, it LOOKS more like a hand-drawn font, of the kind not seen since 1997!  Need I say...?  I like it.  Well, to be honest, I'm not all that crazy about the art style (which reminds me, in a very different sort of way than Anthony Castrillo's, of Japanese "manga"), but from a technical standpoint, I prefer it being done this way to the previous 3 whole eras.

New versions of "Gideon" (the 4th version going back to June 1960) and "Samson" (the 5th version going back to May 1955) take us to the end of the year.  Both had been most recently seen in 2007.

As of my setting this up, 2011 is the last year of BOYS' LIFE current set up at the magazine's website "Archives" section.  It's taken me 5 solid MONTHS to do this project, and frankly, I'm both amazed and relieved I've finally reached the end!  (For now...)

***********************************************

On Tuesday, August 1, 2023, I received an e-mail from a Yugoslavian artist whose work I had posted on my regular blog.  He requested I remove his art. 
I HAVE.

OH WELL!

Story by (??)  /  Art by *** *********
BOYS' LIFE  /  February 2011
BOYS' LIFE  /  March 2011
BOYS' LIFE  /  April 2011
BOYS' LIFE  /  May 2011
BOYS' LIFE  /  June 2011
BOYS' LIFE  /  July 2011

No BIBLE STORIES for August 2011

BOYS' LIFE  /  September 2011
BOYS' LIFE  /  October 2011
BOYS' LIFE  /  November 2011
BOYS' LIFE  /  December 2011

(Continued in 2012)

Copyright (C) BOY'S LIFE Magazine
Restorations by Henry Kujawa

Read the BOYS' LIFE Bible series in sequence BY STORY at the
     Professor H Revisits The Bible blog!!

1 comment:

  1. The wave that hit Noah again in march 1975 remarkably looks simular to a woodcarving by japanese artist Hokusai. And the recreation of creation if that is not evolution i don't know what is.
    And why is ADAM stil beating around the bush, Adam uncovered will not shock the boy scouts of the US; they know what boys look like. Or are the boys scouts wearing figleaves uniforms?
    I prefer the illustrations of the 50's and 60's over the millennium pictures. And

    ReplyDelete